The past decade we have seen a few very successful artists. Here are some Artists that made a name for themselves in the 2010s:
- ROBYN- ‘Bodytalk’ album inspired some of this decades artist eg LORDE, CHARLI XCX & CARLY RAE JEPSON. ROBYN’S best song of the decade was ‘Dancing on my own’
- ADELE- I think ADELE is now a household name. In 2010 ADELE released ‘Rolling in the Deep’ (It took around 6 months to get to the Top 100 in the billboard charts. When the song did it stayed there for 7 weeks) Her album ‘21’ also topped the charts as did ‘25’. Both albums are Nos 1 & 2 for albums of the decade. ADELE won 6 Grammys in one night.
- ED SHEERAN- ‘Multiply’ & ‘Divide’ albums are both in the top 10 albums of the decade. Just behind ADELES ‘21’ & ‘25’. His most popular song was ‘Shape of You. His ‘Divided’ tour was performed to around 8 million people.
- TAYLOR SWIFT- Over the past decade SWIFT released albums: ‘Red’, ‘1989’, ‘Speak Now’ & ‘Reputation’. All 4 albums sold more than 2 million copies within the first week. TAYLOR won Grammys. Her albums broke billboard records etc. Her music achieved a lot over the past decade.
- LADY GAGA- The past decade has seen LADY GAGA achieve quite a lot. In 2016 she had already sold around 27 million albums & 146 million singles, won 9 Grammy awards & several Guinness world records etc. In 2011 GAGA was named ‘Queen of Pop’. Not forgetting her fashion either, lol
- DRAKE- He blurred the lines between pop & Hip-Hop. He’s released 5 albums & 3 mixtapes. In 2018 DRAKE had 7 songs in the Top Ten on the billboard charts at the same time. The last time this was done was in 1964 by THE BEATLES (they had 5 songs)
- BTS- This boyband has brought Korean Pop (K-Pop) to the mainstream. Their album went to No.1 on the billboard chart. Their Videos seem a work of art.
These are just a few artists who are ‘Artist of the Decade’. I know there are more.
We’ll have to see what happens in the next decade of music.
Until next time
LW MUSIC SERVICES (Mixing & Mastering)
FACEBOOK (LW MUSIC SERVICES)
FACEBOOK (The Solar Project)